Sunday, February 16, 2020

What's this about then?

This is the year I turn 70.  I've always liked cycling up hills, and there are lots of them within striking distance of where I live in Sheffield.  I have books about them:


  • the 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs
  • Another 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs
  • Cycling Climbs of Yorkshire
  • Cycling Climbs of the Midlands


So here's the plan.  My challenge is to cycle up 70 of them in the year I turn 70, starting as soon as possible after my birthday on March 23rd 2020.

There is a small problem.  At present I'm not cycling at all.  On January 21st I had surgery to repair a hernia and I'm still in the "Do not run or cycle" period which necessarily follows.  That ends in early March, after six weeks, so I'll make a start then.  And post about it on here.  I'm going to have to do an average of more than one a week to get through.  It's gonna be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment