Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Hill 3 - Beeley Moor, Derbyshire

The forecast for today was for heavy rain in the mid-late afternoon so I thought I'd better get out asap after lunch.  It was very muggy and, with hindsight, I was a bit overdressed.  I think I knew that as soon as I set off but it was a bit late to do anything radical about it!

I combined it with a CTC Sheffield Challenge to find a couple of landmarks on Top Lane on the Eastern Edges (pics below), then it was a long fast (60Km/h) descent to Beeley village.

With every descent there inevitably follows an ascent.  Beeley Moor is never particularly steep - it's only 4/10 in The Books - but it goes on for almost 4Km.  It was a case of put it in bottom gear and twiddle on up, fairly straightforwardly.  I never felt especially challenged by it, although I was sweating cobs.

A beer at home and then a thunderstorm rounded off the day nicely!






No comments:

Post a Comment